Tuesday, December 25, 2012

my favourite things/ Christmas Past/Christmas present/Christmas future

Christmas past
Christmas present
Christmas future

It looked like white Marzipan icing
tonight under the moonlight
and stars
gazing

I turned off the outside lights
I didn't need them
soft shadows melted into the moon's gaze
the touch soft upon the sleeping snowy earth
or at least here sleeping

in South Africa
Shoshanna set up the computer
and with Skype
and early morning
we saw all that Father Christmas
had brought the wee ones
so joyful this game we play each year
around our celebrating Jesus
His birth and coming to set us free

tonight the kiddies are free
adopted
not abandoned
healthy
not waning in weakness
and despair
laughter filling the air
all the way to Gramma's heart

Jedaiah doing a Mexican Christmas
Bethany doing a Prairie Christmas
Eduardo and I back to the Christmases past
just us and friends along the way

I look forward to Christmas future

I  see Grandkiddies on my knee
and hear their giggles
as we play young
together

Christmas
any kind of Christmas

my favourite things

10 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this Susan . . . had some face-time (similar to skype) with the Morton-Sydorak's an hour ago and rejoiced to see their sweet faces and hear their "love you, Grandma's" and a brief and impromptu piano recital. Little Ema Bean was napping so I didn't see her.

    Like you I look forward to Christmas's where I juggle kiddies on my knee and all that goes with being personally present with them.

    Hugs to you and Eduardo from my home to yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea... nice to have you come by... I know you understand this heart love that just keeps giving and always will :)
      Blessings dear friend; we are so blessed!

      Delete
  2. Oh thank you for a glimpse into your home and family...it was very sweet.
    Love to you....
    Are you hearing owls at night?

    ~Debra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The owls have been sleeping....or I have :)
      Blessings to you dear friend... Our Lord slumbers not. He lovingly watches over us and shows us His glory

      Delete
  3. Today your beautiful calendar arrived and the super lovely note cards. Your Emmanuel Christmas card to Russ and I will grace my bedroom mirror throughout the coming year. It will be a constant reminder that my God is indeed with us. Those lovely unfolding trees on those cards are simply the best. Thank you for sharing so many of your artistic gifts with me: from this blog prose to your pencil drawings to the way you mother and grandmother. I am blessed to be the happy recipient of all. I am looking forward to spending the New Year with you. God's richest blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased it arrived :)
      I am also looking forward to God's gift of the new year to us.
      hugs and prayers to you all

      Delete
  4. It sounds like Christmas as it should be.
    Just checking back for any new items you may have posted.
    I left a note of invitation in the comment section on one of your past posts’ and invited you to follow my blog. Just in case it was accidently overlooked, just want you to know the invitation is still very much valid…and of course, I am already following your blog.
    P.S. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Merry Christmas to you and thank you for the invite. I will be by again to visit you.

      Delete
  5. I love your favorite things . ..any kind of Christmas! Your heart is so big and full of love, for Jesus and family and friends. Looking forward to all that God has for you and yours in the years ahead! love and prayers! - deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb...I know your home was filled with bubbly joy :)
      God is our 'joy maker'! We are so blessed!

      Delete