Sunday, February 5, 2012

my favourite things/ even the darkness is light to Thee


























no matter where I go Lord

You are always there
Your footprints go before me
beneath the shadow
of your Wings
I always find my rest
by Your Word
my guiding Light
by Your Love
my fears take flight
Your Grace
embraces me

You're the One who knows me
my thoughts
and all I do
there's nothing
You don't know Lord
of all that I call me

there's nowhere I would go Lord
away from You my King
You possess my reins
You hold my soul
You own my heart
In you I'm whole

and in the dark
You still can see
for even Night
is Light
to Thee

----------------------
Psalm 139 is a favourite Psalm of mine ...If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall Thy hand lead me, and Thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me: even the darkness shall be light about me....thou hast covered me in my Mother's womb...

Even the darkness is Light to thee~

These words give such hope... such life
All is grace, as Ann says

6 comments:

  1. All is grace, indeed . . . lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea... I keep finding the little bible verses you wrote out for the children while they were in their nursery classes... Each one brings a smile!

      Delete
  2. Dear Susan,

    As a mother of so many children, you had to love Psalm is 139. It didn't surprise me. I just saw a cartoon-like drawing of twins inside a womb talking to one another saying, "Do you believe there is a mom? Have you ever seen her?" Your post made me think of this cartoon. Even the darkness (it is dark in a womb) is light to God...ah, yes. He does His best work in the dark. He doesn't need to see like we do.

    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep. Genesis 1:1

    I'm thinking, thinking, thinking, Susan, audaciously, of course.
    Hugs in the night,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, I did see the cartoon of the twins... it makes me all the more excited about how heaven must be. Those twins had no idea what lay waiting for them and look at the wonders around us! Imagine all that God has in store for us!
      Working to share His amazing story, until that day!

      Delete
  3. just beautiful...I love...even night is light to Thee...oh to remember that always...then we know all is grace...
    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me... such abounding grace

      Delete